About me, personally
In me, Sandy Pettit trading as Caley Computer Services, you have found someone who is highly qualified with an Honours degree in computer science with Internet technologies. In additon to my qualifications, I have over 20 years experience and interest in computing and will always go that extra mile to deliver a reliable and very approachable IT service to home and business users alike.
I have excellent technical knowledge, understand how computers, networking and the Internet work at the most fundamental (scientific) level which places me well to ensure I offer nothing but the best advice and service.
It is in my nature to do the very best in anything I do. This is a trait that has followed me into my business. I think that this, coupled with my experience, knowledge, personability, lack of use of "computer jargon", is a major reason that customers are always happy to come back and donít hesitate in recommending me to their friends, family members or other businesses.
A brief synopsis of me? I attended school in Helensburgh, staying in Clynder and Helensburgh. Upon leaving school, I studied mechanical engineering and, at the same time, worked in the old Imps bar during weekends and evenings which I really enjoyed. Graduating, I then went to work for an engineering company, where I stayed for 10 years. I then went to work for a marine engineering company for a couple of years, still 'moonlighting' as a computer technician. I realised at that time that I wanted to work with computers and the web full time. To do this professionally and efficiently, I needed to know more - I needed to completely understand computers, software, web/general programming and the Internet which is why I returned to full time study. I graduated from University in 2005 with a 2:1 Honours degree having also won prizes for my dissertation, achieved a degree with distinction (after year 3), helped in labs and tutorials with earlier years students and represented students at the student/staff consultative groups. After graduating, my family (wife and two children) and I relocated to Cairndow where I built a successful computer and web design business and now we have returned to our 'roots' in Helensburgh.
You can click here to see some feedback I've received from customers.
Brief, general description.
There follows a brief information which may answer some questions you might have. This list is brief and I always welcome any request for further information or clarification, so feel free to contact me about anything you feel you require to know more about.
- I will always arrange to visit you anytime thatís convenient to you.
- My service is mobile and I can come to you so you don't need to worry about transporting your equipment to me. That said, you are always welcome to bring your kit to me if you prefer or it's more convenient for you.
- Work will be completed as quickly as is possible. It may be that it can be a "quick fix" and there is practically no downtime, or perhaps spare parts are required. The anticipated timeframe for completing a job will always be advised at the time of call.
- In the event that I have to take the computer with me to my workshop, I will advise how long the job is likely to take with an expected cost.
- If I have to take your computer to my workshop, and I have one available, I will leave a loan laptop with you until your own computer is returned.
- All Windows Operating Systems are covered such as 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7 and 8 as well as Apple Mac OS X.
- Payment terms are payment upon completion of works. Cheques are accepted, as is cash. Preferred payment by direct transfer to bank account and bank details are always printed on invoices.
- From the Helensburgh office and workshop, I cover Helensburgh, Rhu, Shandon, Garelochhead, Arrochar, Mambeg, Rahane, Clynder, Rosneath, Kilcreggan, Cove, Ardpeaton, Coulport, Cardoss, Dumbarton, Alexandria, Balloch, Arden, Luss, Inverbeg, Arrochar, Tyndrum, Crainlarich, Ardlui - and all places in between.
- From the Inveraray workshop, in Addition to Inveraray, I cover Cairndow, Strachur, St. Catherines, the Cowal Peninsula, Dalmally, Furnace, Minard, Lochgair and Lochgilphead.
- Remember for further afield locations I offer an affordable remote access service. In fact, I use this service regulary with clients in Hong Kong, Spain, Canada, USA, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Australia, and others. As long as an Internet connection is in place, I can fix almost all software issues - anywhere
Please don't hesitate to contact me for any further infomation or clarification of anything.Contact Me